September 14th & 15th: Behaviour support & De-escalation
A course designed for professionals working in schools, care services or other settings where they are supporting individuals with behavioural support needs.
'It was the only time that a professional I’d encountered had offered real ideas that really work.' R Evans
BIS-net has been delivering specific training packages to several schools and settings in the local area for a number of years now. However, many settings cannot always free up large numbers to attend a training day and so this course has been designed to allow services to send staff who need specific development in this area, or who may be able to cascade and support others in the setting.
Aims of the course:
* To gain skills in assessing the function and possible driving factors behaind a behaviour.
* Learn about a range of pro-active support strategies and how to put them into practice effectively.
* To consider their own attitudes and internal reactions to Challening behaviour, and ways to shape these to promote a more postive outcome for the individuals they support.
* To learn and practice de-escalation skills.
* To consider legalities and logistical aspects of behavioural support.
The training will take place at Devon Disability Collective, 22 Marsh Green Road. Marsh Barton. Exeter. EX2 8PQ. On site parking is free.
The ticket price includes the days training, teas & coffees, soft drinks and a selection of fruit and biscuits. Lunch is not included.
This Course will run from 9:30am until 4pm each day.
Direct Line - 077515068494
Switchboard - 01392 360645
Email - email@example.com