ASIST - Suicide First Aid Intervention Skills Training
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide life-assisting first-aid intervention. Small group discussions and skills practice are based on adult learning principles. ASIST teaches Pathways for Assisting Life (PAL), a practical guide to doing suicide interventions. Powerful videos support learning.
This course will help you:-
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide.
- understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions.
- understand a person at risks' story about suicide as well as recognise turning points that connect a person to life.
- conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe-for-now
- confirm the person at risks' faith in the safe plan and their intent to follow it through.
Who is this course for:-
Anyone over 16 years of age
Course Dates & Venue
July 21st and 22nd both days 9am to 5pm, Pete's Dragons, 102 Exeter Road, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 1QA. £90 to include resources, refreshments and a certificate.
For booking please contact Pete's Dragons on 01395 277780 or firstname.lastname@example.org