Time: 1 pm - 4.30 pm (refreshments from 12.45 pm).
Delivered by: Mark Goodman, CEO of VOYC Devon
This awareness raising course will enable participants to better understand their role and safeguarding responsibilities if their groups are providing activities or services for children and young people.
The outcomes from the session will be that you:
- will be able to demonstrate an increased awareness of the legal framework for safeguarding and child protection;
- better understand Trustees / Management Committee members responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children;
- would be better able to scrutinise any decisions made by your organisation when a concern about a child or young person has been identified;
- learn about the Devon Children & Families Partnership (formerly Devon Safeguarding Children Board) safeguarding standards for the Voluntary and Community Sector in Devon;
- better understand the issues around recording and sharing information.
How much is the course?
£10/candidate to VOYC members, £15/candidate to non-members. To find out all about the FREE membership click here.
To book your place on this course, complete the booking form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. An invoice will then be sent to you. Once payment has been made your place on this course will be secured.