Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
(2 day course)
Tuesday 30th - Wednesday 31st January 2018
Colliton Barton, Broadhembury, Near Honiton, East Devon
This 2 day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
Location: Colliton Barton, East Devon
Cost: £170 plus VAT
Cost includes 2 full days of training, light lunch and refreshments, course manual and attendance certificate on completion of the course.
Please click here to complete the booking form.